Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Golden Eagles in progress


Three years ago I joined Keepsake Quilting's Gold Membership. Apart from the coupons, etc. I received many 10" squares of gold fabrics. I have never been a fan of gold fabric, but with each years' membership the pile of 10" squares was adding up. A few years ago I received the medium blue bamboo floral with a touch of gold.
Slowly, I've been putting this together. I started with the flying geese and bamboo print. The first set of rectangle/square borders were made with left overs after cutting the flying geese. One or two more borders are needed for a twin size quilt.
The time I have spent with this piece, the more I admire and like working with the gold fabric. I'm actually looking forward to my next gold membership renewal in November.

1 comment:

Margo in Maine said...

This quilt is stunning...blue and gold what a combination....